Monday, January 29, 2018

Last Zone Conference

It was really strange that my last zone conference was this past week. I sang "I Will Not Be Still" as a special musical number, intending to leave that as my testimony rather than bearing a departing testimony with the rest of the missionaries going home with me. In the end, I caved and bore a quick testimony as well, figuring I'd regret it if I didn't. It was emotional, thinking about how much joy I've found being out here. As excited as I am to move on to the next chapter in my life, I'm also sad to leave this one behind.  

 But the good news is I still get a whole month! And there's a LOT of work going on in this area. We've been finding a lot of people in miraculous ways, just pray that we can get BACK in with them, because that's often what happens - we find them, and then never see them again.   

We had a lesson with the woman who accidentally made appointments with us and the other missionaries at the same time! It went well, she was open to listening, but she asked some questions that make us think she was given anti material. At least she's still willing to meet with us and not just take someone else's word for It! 

 A couple days last week were rough - I ended up catching the flu and couldn't keep anything down for 2 days. It was miserable, I didn't want to work or do anything at all. We had exchanges the second day I was sick and Hna Shaffer got me to go out for most of the day. It was hard, but we did see miracles, which goes to show that the Lord rewards our efforts. But yeah, not fun, I had the fever, aches, chills, vomiting, everything.   

We're headed to lunch right now with an investigator! He's seriously awesome, and so sweet - he thought he wouldn't be allowed to stay and eat with us because of the rules about being with the opposite gender, but he wanted to come pay for us and then just leave. He also refused to let us choose a fast food place. 

Love,
Hermana Garner

This is a bench on the Gilbert strip.  We went street contacting on the Gilbert strip Saturday night. My social anxiety was through the roof, it was so awkward and so much worse than just knocking doors haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment