Monday, February 5, 2018

The Lord Leads and Guides Us!

First things first - p-day won't be on Monday next week (I know Mom, I'm sorry!! I was looking forward to emailing on your birthday!) It will instead be on Wednesday, Valentine's day. I don't know exactly why, but that's what they're doing.  ​


Celebrating Sister Barlow's birthday, which is this Wednesday (hence why she's wearing a crown)
We had a really incredible lesson last Monday night. It was with an investigator I'd never met. We decided to teach the third lesson, which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ - Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. She was on board the entire time, and very much wants to learn. As the lesson came to a close, I felt really strongly that we needed to put her on date for February 24th. We hadn't talked about that at all, but then Sister Hanson extended the invitation for the exact same date I was thinking about, and when we left told me she'd felt that the moment we walked in for the lesson. It's amazing how the Spirit lets us know what's right and the witness of knowing this is the Lord's work when we're completely on the same page.  

We had a number of experiences like that throughout the week, including another great lesson with a potential who turned into an investigator.  We taught the restoration, and he was engaged and attentive the whole time and said he wanted to come to church.  He said that if he knew it was true he would be baptized, but we didn't bring up a date or anything yet.  

I've been running into quite a lot of people that I worked with in this area before, who had since fallen off the map but are not coming back out of the woodwork. It's interesting. One of them is is someone  who Hna Cedeno and I were helping prepare for a mission. Well, he had completely stopped coming to church and said that he wasn't ever interested in coming again. But we had an incredibly spiritual lesson with him and his mother on Saturday night. In the middle of the lesson, I just felt overwhelmed by the spirit and looked at him and said, "God loves you." I could tell it touched him, and the feeling was so strong in that room. The next day, he came to church!! And he set up an appointment for this Wednesday. He says he still has some questions for us but he admitted that he feels something different when he's at church.  

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm trunky. I keep wanting to say, "Well, if you'd stop bringing it up, I wouldn't be!" But generally, when I'm working, I'm not. There are just sad moments when I realize how little time I have left.   

​Favorite quotes from Sister Hanson this week: "Did the bank try to get robbed?" and, when we saw a helicopter and she was joking about flying it, she said, "Who needs a license when you have video games?"​

People had mentioned the Super Bowl this week, but Sister Hanson and I both completely forgot and planned to go knock doors RIGHT in the middle of it ... We walked up to the first door and froze as we heard the announcer and just looked at each other. We quickly changed our plans haha. We knocked a couple doors, but people weren't exactly happy with us lol.  It's not as bad as Sisters Showalter and Shaffer, though - they interrupted a wedding this week!! The door opened and they were having a wedding in the kitchen of the house and everyone just stared at them. AWKWARD!

Love,
Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment