Sunday, February 18, 2018

An Incredible Week and a half of Missionary Work!

So much has happened since last p day that I don't even know where to start! But the blessings and miracles of the Lord never cease to amaze me, and I have so, so much joy in serving the Lord! 

We have a fairly new investigator that we've started getting in with, and he's incredible.  I see in him a true desire to find the truth. He has real intent, and though he's incredibly busy with work, he's making time for us and doing all he can to keep his commitments. Yesterday we had a lesson with him, at the time that he set up, and learned that it was right in between his two jobs. He had worked all night, slept about two hours, and then met with us at 10:30 when he had to work again at 11:30. I was shocked when he told us that. He's truly willing to make sacrifices to find the truth. 

  We've seen a lot of progress with another investigator this week. He's opened up to us in incredible ways, and he came to church this past Sunday with his son! We talked about baptism, and he's praying about getting baptized on March 3rd! He seems pretty iffy about it, but he's getting closer and closer and starting to recognize the blessings of the gospel in his life. I also just love him and his kids so much -  his son, picked out a giant jar of Red Vines when they were at the store, and gave it to us when we showed up for our lesson that day. It was so sweet! 

 I've felt so much love from the Lord and the people in this area this week! We went by a potential from back when I was serving with Hna Cedeño, the Ruelas family - the one with the kid who gave me a rock from his collection when I was sick. They remembered me and let us in, they were very friendly. As we left, I complimented the nativity that they had sitting on their end table - and they picked it up and GAVE it to me! I tried to tell them no, but the mom said, "Take it - So you can always remember the Ruelas family." It touched my heart so much. 

I felt great love from the Erazos this week. The Erazos are one of the families in the branch, and I've
become very close to them. Hna Erazo is the one who taught me to make pupusas, and she's been such a support to me. When I went home, she got my number from Hna Cedeño and texted me to check in the whole time I was home.  Well, this weekend we had dinner at their house. She made pupusas because she knows how much I love them. We enjoyed just talking, all of us together, and then Brother Erazo (not her husband, her brother) went inside to get the dessert. He came back out with a cake, and set it in front of me. On it was written, "Thank you for your service Sister Garner." I burst into tears.   It's hitting me more and more that this is coming to an end. And as excited as I am for the next phase of my life, it's incredibly bitter sweet. There's nothing better than being a missionary and being completely devoted to serving your brothers and sisters. You feel so much love for the people around them and can see their divine potential even when they can't. I want to continue to foster that as much as I can for the rest of my life.

Love,
Hermana Garner

2 comments:

  1. Sis. Gardner, you are going to be missed there for sure! the love you have for your area, and they of you is great!how you have touched them with your spirit, and just being YOU😊

    ReplyDelete