Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!

New year, new starts!

 I hope to see a number of people make new starts through baptism before I finish my mission! It's coming up so fast, I keep being surprised as I look at the calendar. But I'm still loving being here and have been so humbled by the opportunity to serve. 

 I've been reflecting a lot on miracles this week, because we saw so many and we watched the movie 17 Miracles, which is about the handcart companies and the miracles that they saw as they crossed the plains. Some of the miracles were absolutely incredible, but what struck me the most was that almost without exception they were personal - they were one-on-one miracles that weren't meant to draw attention, but to reward the faith of those who were asking for them. That is so often how I've seen miracles on my mission as well - very personal, one-on-one interactions and experiences that have grown my faith and the faith of others.  

Saturday, we had a day FULL of miracles. We were biking all day because we'd just about run out of miles, and though we didn't find any Spanish people to teach but we were able to talk to a lot of people and give out a number of Books of Mormon. We really pushed ourselves to talk with everyone we saw, no matter how awkward it was, and we were rewarded for it -

Some of our investigators who have never been to a baptism, came to one on Saturday afternoon, and the spirit was so strong!  That night was another incredible miracle. As I said, we'd just about run out of miles, so we called Sister Allred (the Relief Society president) to see if she and her daughter could come out with us. She said yes and she later told us that she'd had other plans but felt very impressed to cancel them. We were so humbled and grateful! And THEN, we went to try to see two of our investigators who we haven't seen for about a month, they were right outside when we showed up!! They hit it off with Nicole (Sister Allred's daughter) we were so grateful for that miracle!

  We also had exchanges this week. I was with Sister Baggaley (who I love to death, she came out with me and goes home in two weeks) and we spent the morning in her area biking. We experienced another miracle where the first person we talked to was crazy prepared and immediately became a new investigator for them!

Love,
Hermana Garner

1 comment:

  1. such great experiences you are having!! I love 17 Miracles! Your investigators are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete