Monday, October 9, 2017

I've Been Loving the Work!

     
We've fallen out of touch with a number of our investigators, which is saddening, but we're working hard with those that we still have and have seen miracles as we've tried to really have daily contact with them. The scriptures talk a lot about how we need to be continually nourished by the Word of God, and we're trying to help nourish everyone we meet.  

        I've been LOVING the work. As we've gone through our area book (we have to enter all of it into the church's app, which takes forever but will be SO worth it) we've found names and addresses of people that we've since contacted and they now have some potential. Miracles are truly coming from us prayerfully trying to find. 

     We also get to go to the temple this Saturday with Ana Maria to get her endowment, which is going to be amazing!! I'm excited, too, because since Gilbert's closed we get to go to Mesa, so I get to see what the inside's like!   

      There are so many wonderful people here. We got a call from a member in an English ward one night out of the blue asking us if we had dinner or not, and then she invited us over and gave us some great Thai food, and we got to be part of her hula class that she was teaching to some neighborhood girls. Her name is Sister Jarvis, we love her! 

      We've also made a great relationship with a number of families in the area that, though they're not interested in learning more about the gospel right now, they see us as family and we keep inviting them to social activities and things.

      Oh, the BIG thing that's been going on is preparing for the Christmas program. We got everything approved to move forward, ordered the music we didn't already have, and today I'm trying to work on putting them all in folders but realized that the arrangement I picked up from the office isn't the one we're doing ... so I'm going to have to cram it in tomorrow and Wednesday. Rehearsals for the whole choir start on Thursday and we're going to set up rehearsals with the small groups soon as well. I love being able to use my talents to work this way, we're also going to have four narrators that I'm going to have help me decide how to present everything (slightly theatrical, but not really, just telling the story more than just singing pretty songs). I'm excited about it!

    So I'm reading through the Book of psalms right now in my personal study and have been struck by a number of the verses. 27:14 stood out to me especially: "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." 

  I was also really struck by the JST footnote in Psalms 30:9 - "my soul shall declare thy truth; for what profit am I, if I do it not?" That is a piercing question! Truly, we are not accomplishing our purpose if we are not declaring the truth of the gospel, not just vocally but also in the way we live. We're not just here for ourselves, but to help others!  

    Love,
Sister Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment