Monday, October 23, 2017

Cultural Fair

So, I'm not getting transferred, but I'm moving houses, so I'll let you know my new address next week!

Sister Showalter's getting transferred. 

It was a good week, though a little bit slow as far as the work goes. Not a lot of people answered the door and we dropped a lot of potentials. 

    Choir practice was good, but I'm realizing just how much I need to practice leading the songs. It's definitely not a skill I've really learned! But it's a good challenge and I'm having fun with it.  

We had a lot of fun dancing on Friday, even though we didn't do the best job ... but hey, we got to be part of a traditional Mexican dance! The "Fiesta de la Hispanidad" basically turned into "Fiesta de la Hispanidad AND Samoa!" Sister Fuimaono has extended family in the area, and they're teaching them (because not all of them are members). She invited them to come to the cultural night (it's to celebrate all the cultures found in the ward and anyone in the area who wants to participate, they're just mostly hispanic lol) and MAN they put on a show! I'll send a couple videos, it was fantastic! The food was really good, too, We had to leave right at 9, which was sad because it kept going for much longer after that. I want to come back next year and just party all night long with the members :P 

 There are also a lot of community events that happen here, and we volunteer at a lot of them but can never participate really. One of them was this weekend, it was a HUGE Halloween activity that took up most of the nearby shopping center. We just helped set up for it. It looked like it would be so much fun! 

 We met a potential last week who we had an appointment with, but when we stopped by she wasn't there. No one answered the door for the longest time, and we were a bit disappointed, but then her husband FINALLY answered. He apologized for her, and then said, "She said to tell you she's sorry, and to give you this." In his hand he had a small nativity ornament from Mexico. The first time we met her, we bonded over our nativity collections, and she said she was going to give me one of hers. I didn't expect her to in the slightest, but even though she couldn't make the appointment she remembered and had him give it to me! It was so tender, I almost cried! I will treasure it forever. We're hoping we'll be able to see her tonight.

  Other than that, things have been pretty slow here. We're weeding out our potentials list, but not really finding any more. Pray that we'll be led to those the Lord is preparing over this next transfer.  

And I just have one scripture this week that I wrote down to share - Psalms 103:22-21 ...  11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.  12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.


Love,  Hermana Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment