Monday, October 2, 2017

I Love General Conference!

  We saw miracles this week with service! We've been trying to just randomly serve people on the street, not just ask if they want help but just go ahead and start helping. It's led to some great, door-opening conversations. We even met a Spanish speaker through it! We're going to try to go back this week. 

  We had our first Facebook lesson! I was really, really skeptical about doing actual lessons over facebook, but it was such a miracle. Our investigator opened up like never before and the spirit was so strong. They then came to conference and had a wonderful experience where they said answers to questions were received. It's amazing to see the power of conference and see people progress!  

  And of course, conference was amazing all around! Just like I challenged everyone else to do, I came to conference with three questions written down. I received direction and answers to ALL of them in the FIRST session, and continued to receive more direction throughout. I know that the talks we hear in conference are inspired, that they're not just meant for the world but for each of us individually, just like the scriptures. And we've been able to share messages from conference IMMEDIATELY with our investigators because of the technology access we now have, which has been such a blessing and really brought about miracles!  

The psalms have brought me comfort this week, particularly psalms 9:9-11, which says, "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings."   

Conference! (Just highlights, don't worry 😋)  1. Service, service, service! I need to lose myself and focus on others. As a missionary you kind of have no choice but to do that to a certain extent, and I've already been trying to do so, but I felt it more as a warning for when I go home in 6 months, and I felt impressed with a promise - that the only way to find and be sure of my own path is to lose myself in serving others. 

 2. Salvation is individual, exaltation requires family. 💖 

 3. Elder Holland's explanation of the inconceivable gap between the 10,000 talents and the 100 pence touched my heart. The 100 pence is all the Lord asks of us - we CAN and MUST give it. 

 4. Just a quote from Elder Rasband: "Coincidence is not an appropriate word to describe the workings of an omniscient God... The Lord IS in the small details of our lives." 

 5. In many talks they stressed how we can't control our circumstances, but we can control how we react. This was stressed as well in women's conference. I need to be better about this for sure. 

 6. Tad R. Callister's talk was AMAZING and I want everyone to hear it haha 

 7. Elder Andersen - I need to repent of not giving more heed to the conference addresses in the 6 months between conferences. The spirit taught me that there are messages contained that are specifically for me, but not at this moment - but I WILL need them in the next six months. I'm grateful for the new technology I have to help that be more accessible on my mission. 

 8. Elder Hales' words as shared by Elder Andersen: "When we choose to have faith, we are prepared to stand in the presence of God." What an incredible example and final message, as he has shown us his own faith and now taken another step towards that ultimate goal.

Love,
Hermana Garner



She was excited to have crepes because her dad always makes them.



No comments:

Post a Comment