Sunday, April 20, 2014

sunday songs - "come thou fount"

Every Sunday, I will post a video or audio track of a church-related song, whether it be a pretty arrangement of a hymn, an EFY song, or even an inspirational, Christ-centered song by a Christian group not affiliated with the church. Music has such an unbelievable power to change lives - it is through song that I feel the Spirit the strongest in my life, and I hope that as I share these songs you can feel the truth of the messages they teach.

When I saw this video, I knew I had to share it. Not only is this one of my favorite hymns, but I have been big fans of both of these musicians - Lindsey Stirling and Kuha'o Case - for a long time now, and this video is completely improvised! This was the first time they met, and they had not rehearsed their parts separately. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Kuha'o is blind, and only seventeen?

When I see things like this, it just reaffirms my testimony of the power of music, and that the song of the righteous truly is a prayer unto the Lord (D&C 25:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment