Wednesday, May 24, 2017

GPS is Great!

Let me start off by saying that this was a week of miracles, not the least of which was being surprised by that GPS being delivered to my door!!!!!!! I was NOT expecting that, and was incredibly excited! But not only is it more up to date, holds a charge, and doesn't glitch out on us all the time, it has a feature where you can program in as many favorites as you want, and it will even show you what favorites and nearby and how far they are away from each other. So we programmed in all of our investigators, recent converts, and all the members of the ward and can see at the tap of a screen EXACTLY where everyone lives! It has been INCREDIBLE for planning and helped us be incredibly more proficient! Sister Hanson and I have named him Ian. We're so, so, SOOO grateful for Ian!!

Also, thank you for sending me the earrings! I'm wearing them right now :)

 We were able to meet a lot more people this week and got more referrals and potentials that we're working to stop by. It's truly been a blessing, and I am seeing more and more how the Lord rewards our efforts. 


On Wednesday, we spent the entire morning knocking doors and didn't find a single person who was interested, nor anyone who spoke Spanish. But because of that effort we put in, and our willingness to work, the Lord blessed us with a miracle that afternoon - we were driving through a mostly unexplored part of our area and saw a man sitting outside in front of his house, and immediately pulled over because he looked Mexican. He was, in fact, Mexican, and we taught him the first lesson right there. He accepted the invitation to read and pray, and when we talked about baptism he was very open, saying, "We'll see as I learn." So just like that, we had a new investigator!! His name is Alfredo. He has a HUGE family that lives with him as well, so we're hopeful we'll see more miracles with them!

We also had more than one lesson this week where it was incredibly clear that it was the Spirit teaching, not us. Lessons that we knew the Lord had planned, and merely guided us to share what He knew His children needed to hear. It's been a humbling experience.  

I've had a few more problems with my IC (this is the health condition that sent her home for a little while) this week, and we don't know why. It's frustrating, but I'm powering through it. I received a blessing, and it talked about how I would be healed as I continued to work. So that's what I'm doing. 

I've been continuing to study patience this week, and Luke 21:19 kind of summarizes everything I've been learning: "In your patience possess ye your souls." One thing that I've been doing to help me develop more patience is every time I feel myself becoming impatient, I say a silent prayer to the Lord thanking Him for the many blessings He has given me. It helps put everything into perspective.

I've also learned just how connected patience is to hope. And hope is the next attribute I'll be studying from Preach My Gospel.

Love,
Hermana Garner


No comments:

Post a Comment