Sunday, May 29, 2016

sunday songs - "i will not be still"

Every Sunday, I will post a video or audio track of a church-related song, whether it be a pretty arrangement of a hymn, an EFY song, or even an inspirational, Christ-centered song by a Christian group not affiliated with the church. Music has such an unbelievable power to change lives - it is through song that I feel the Spirit the strongest in my life, and I hope that as I share these songs you can feel the truth of the messages they teach.

This song has touched me ever since I first heard it as a child, and now, preparing to leave for the MTC this week, it has an especially poignant meaning for me. The Lord has given me this testimony, given me this knowledge, so that I can share it with others.

I saw a quote once that defined a missionary as "someone who leaves their family for a time so that others can be with their families for eternity." That is the purpose of missionary work - to bring happiness, everlasting life, and eternal salvation to individuals and families.

I feel so humbled to be a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment